12 June 2016

Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer Review

I'd like to apologise for the lack of motivation. A lot of things have been going on in my life and I just haven't felt like myself really. I've been meaning to film a video for quite some time now but I fell ill for a few days so I didn't have the energy for that so I rescheduled it but then became busy so I had a definite schedule to film on Saturday the 11th of June. No excuses. I was to film my next video. However I woke up, scrolled through Instagram to find the most devastating news. I'm a big fan of different YouTubers. Beauty guru's, musicians and vloggers. I was inspired by the beauty YouTubers to start blogging/vlogging. Aside from that, the musicians of YouTube inspired me to play the instruments I can play today. I've been playing music for 8 years now because they've inspired me for so long. Anyway... As I was scrolling I came across a photo of Christina Grimmie. Shane Dawson had posted photos of her because sadly her life was taken so suddenly. I couldn't believe what I was reading but sadly it was true. I just felt so devastated, lost, and confused. I cried and couldn't bring myself to film a video so I've rescheduled again. I hope you can understand.

With that off my chest. In today's post I thought I'd do a review on the Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer Lip Glosses. I've only just started using them so I thought it was a good time to review them as I thought they were a good product!


These are the three lip glosses I managed to pick up in my local Superdrug. The shades are Velvet Rebel, Keep Flying For You and Velvet Vamp. They all have matte finishes and are only £3.00!! There were other shades which I will definitely be purchasing.

* Velvet Rebel

My favourite shade out of all of them is Velvet Rebel. I've started to wear this shade on nights out a lot because the shade really suits the evening look. It's a really nice warm plummy colour and if you know me, I really love my plum lipsticks! However what really impressed me was I went out, I had drinks, I was eating and literally this lip gloss did not come off! I didn't need to reapply which made me so happy and less self conscious that I had smudged my lips. I was absolutely amazed by it.

* Keep Flying For You
 I will say this now... This shade is a bit brighter than I thought. If bright colours do not go with your skin tone then I would suggest not purchasing this one. I thought this colour would be perfect for the Summer but I'm unsure if it may be too bright haha but we shall see! It has a really nice matte finish and is long lasting like Velvet Rebel.

* Velvet Vamp


























I do love a dark lip colour which is why I decided to try Velvet Vamp as well. I tend to like to have a bold lip colour on nights out so I thought this one as well would be perfect. I know it may seem to look a bit gothic but with the right clothing it makes a great combination.

***

And that's it for my Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer review. I hope you enjoyed it. I can't wait to give the other shades a try! I'll definitely include them in a makeup tutorial for you. After doing this post I feel more motivated and there definitely will be a video coming so subscribe to my YouTube Channel to find out what my next video will be! Jessica Rachel 

I'll see you in my next post,

YouTube - Jessica Rachel
Facebook - Jessica Rachel
Bloglovin' - Jessica Rachel
Twitter - @jessicarachelxo
Instagram - @jessicarachelxo






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Rachel | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig