25 April 2015

The Hair Show

Hey Guys,

On Monday the 20th I took part in a Hair Show at my college, and here's a post about it! :)

Avant Garde
Bridal/Prom



As I am doing Level 3 Hairdressing, a part of my course is to take part in a hair show. We had to come up with an Avant Garde hairstyle, which had to be big and whacky and we also had to come up with a Bridal/Prom hairstyle which could be styled how we wanted. My models then would have to walk down a catwalk in front of judges and then onto a stage.
We had to choose a charity that we wanted to raise money for, and we chose Cervical Cancer Awareness.
So here's what happened...

Sunday, April 19th
I picked up my friend after work as she was sleeping over at mine because it made it easier to get to college as we were leaving at 7am! The night consisted of sorting out a few last minute things, packing everything into a bag for the hair show and catching up on pretty little liars!

Monday, April 20th
05:45 am - Time to wake up!
07:00 am - Plans to leave for college at 7 have failed! Breakfast time!
07:30 am - Finally arrive at college, the earlier the better.

07:45 am - I start my Avant Garde hairstyle. I was doing the solar system.

Finished Avant Garde Look

 I used my sister to achieve this look. This took me 2 hours and 15 minutes to do which is why we were allowed to come in at 7am. I sat my sister down and section her hair into 4 ponytails, it's quite hard to describe the sections, they were kind of like shapes and letters! I started with the front section and placed Mercury at an angle, this made it look like a side swept fringe. I then carried on joining the planets around the head using clear elastic bands. I used polystyrene balls which I placed in the hair to represent the planets. I then included the sun! Once all the planets were in place I used hair chalk to colour the hair, this wasn't as messy as I thought it would be and the colours came out amazingly. A lot of hairspray was used afterwards! After that I then added battery powered lights that represented the stars.
I also had to find an outfit and design the make up so I found the galaxy dress online and the make up artist who we had done my space themed make up.





10:00 am - I started my Bridal hair.

Finished Bridal/Prom Look

I wanted to keep this cute and elegant but also simple. I curled all of my friends hair and did two braids either side of her head and made them into zig zag braids. I then secured them into the middle at the back and placed a pretty bridal accessory where I secured it. If you'd like me to do a tutorial let me know and I shall do one for you!
I had to also choose the outfit and design the make up so my friend wore her prom like dress and she done her own make up.




02:00 pm - This was the time of the show for the students of the college and also just a dress rehearsal before the main show! The local newspaper was also at this show taking a few photos and one man asked for a photo of me and my models and took our names down, so if that ends up in the newspaper I shall include the photo of it in my next post.

03:00 pm - Break time and also time for a few touch ups, like re-curling my friends hair and hair spraying my sisters hair some more!

05:00 pm - Show Time! At this show my family and the members of the public came and watched. In this show you also got judged on your hairstyles and although I didn't win, I am thankful that I took part and had lots of fun and I'm glad my family enjoyed watching the show. Everyone did so well!

06:30 pm - Home time!

I hope you enjoyed this post about my day! If you'd like to see more hair posts then let me know what you think.
I hope you have a fabulous day and I shall see you in my next post,

Jessica xo

Like my page on facebook! Jessica Rachel
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Rachel | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig