9 January 2015

Memories of 2015 Jar DIY

Hey Guys,

Today I thought I'd do a DIY post as it is something that I haven't done in a while. I made this 'Memories of 2015' Jar. It's also a good time of year to post this seeing as we have just started the New Year. It's cute room decor and it was so easy to make!


To create this you will need:
*A jar of any kind
*White paper
*Paper card (choice of any colour)
*Felt tip pen (choice of any colour)
*Post-it notes
*Sellotape or Glue

How to do this:

1.)  The first thing I did was measure the length of the white paper to see if it fitted around the jar, which it didn't so I knew I'd have to cut an extra bit of paper to join onto it. I then measured how thick I wanted the strip of paper. When I was happy I then cut the strip of paper as well as the extra piece and stuck them together. I then wrapped it around the jar to see how it would fit, when I was happy with that I stuck the paper to the jar using the sellotape.

2.) I then got a pink bit of card (you can use any colour you would like) and I measured it to be half the size of the white paper strip around the jar, this was so it could be stuck in the middle and make the jar look extra cute! I stuck this down the same way as I did the white paper.

3.) I then used the white paper to cut out a random cloud like shape and traced this shape also on to a purple bit of card. I cut both of them out, making sure that on the purple card I cut the shape out a tiny bit bigger so I could use it as the background of the title making it stand out more.
When I stuck down the purple card I used sellotape, I double sided it so it wasn't visible, but if you have double sided tape then you can use that!

4.) Before sticking on the white paper on top of the purple card you want to write something meaningful on it using the felt tip pen. I wrote 'Memories of 2015' because I plan to write all the wonderful things that happen to me in 2015 and pop them in the jar, but you can write what ever you want! Another idea would be 'The Best of 2015'

5.) Using Post-It Notes, write the memories along with the date it happened. Here's an example of a memory that happened in 2014.
I like the idea of using Post-It Notes because when you fold them up the top of the note gets stuck together and keeps the memory sealed until you open it, which will be 31.12.15!


And there you have it! A cute Jar soon to be filled with all the memories that will happen this year. I've already got one thing in my Jar! Can't wait for more.


And this is what it looks like on my shelf.


I hope you liked this cute and simple DIY. I can't wait to fill it up and read them all at the end of the year! If you try this DIY I would love to see your creations! You can do this by tagging me on Instagram @JessicaRachelxo with the hashtag #JessicaxoDIY 

Take care and I shall see you in my next post!

What was your favourite memory of 2014?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Rachel | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig