28 January 2014

DIY Tumblr Inspired Photo Frame

Hello lovelies!

Today I would like to share with you my first DIY post. I'm really excited to show you it!
So before Christmas I went to Ikea and again I bought a photo frame which as you know from the other photo frame I got, I had no idea what to put in it. Then I thought that I didn't exactly need to use it as a photo frame, but I could put other things into it and as I was sitting on Tumblr for a good hour or so and I thought why not round up a few photos I like on there and frame them in the photo frame I had. 

I think it looks really cute on my shelf. I used photos that pretty much shows my personality in a way and I really think it is eye catching. However you can take this DIY as far as you want, so if you have a bigger frame then use more pictures! Or you could make a wall art so you don't even have to purchase a frame! Its entirely up to you. 
                                                                                   

How to start! 

It's a pretty straight forward DIY, but I'll still share with you how I did it. 

1.) You want to start by opening a new word document, you can use any program you wish, I just found it easier on word.













2.) This step is completely up to you.
*If you have Tumblr then sign into Tumblr
*If you've wanted Tumblr then sign up to it! You can follow me here and come say hi! 
*If you don't have Tumblr simply type for example 'vintage photography tumblr' into google images and the same sort of photos will come up! If you are doing this point the skip to Step 4

3.) Then you have to think of a theme. I went for a 'Soft Grunge' theme as I thought it showed my personality more but I could possibly change the photos in a few months. So once you have chosen the theme you want to go for open up Tumblr and in the search box type the theme you are after.

Here are some examples of what you'll find. 
 



4.) Take a few minutes to browse through the tag you are looking for, I think it takes around 10 minutes just to get to the bottom depending how many photos have been tagged as your chosen theme. 
 As you are finding photos, copy and paste the ones you really like into your word document. You can arrange them how ever you want and how big you want the photos to be. My photo frame took was the size of an A4 piece of paper so it fit nicely, but you can arrange the photos to be smaller or bigger so don't panic if they aren't the right size!

This is my example of a Vintage theme collage.


6.) Finally print and frame it! Easy! 























I hope you enjoyed my first DIY post! I'll try and make more DIY posts in the future for you as well! If you do give this a try post a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #JessicarDIY I would love to see what themes you do! 

Thank you, 
                Jess xo
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Rachel | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig