13 December 2013

Baby Lips Vs NYC Applelicious



Hello lovelies, 


As it is well in truly getting colder this Winter I always like to have a lip balm in handy! There are many different types of lip balms though, and many people like these for different reasons. I prefer lip balm that looks like a lipstick, it's simple and well, easy to apply (haha) I've never been a fan of the whole dipping your finger into it and putting it on your lips, though Vaseline has done a lot for me on some occasions. 

However lately there was a big hype with the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm. Seeing as this was a big hype about it I thought I would try it out my self. I went to Superdrug and got mine for £2.99. My first thoughts when I saw it was how cute the product was designed, but then again I thought it was quite cheap looking seeing as Maybelline's other products are quite well maintained. 
I had a choice from the following Baby Lips Balm Hydrate, Baby Lips Balm Pink Punch and the Baby Lips Balm Repair.

Sadly, it wasn't a lot to chose from, but I always like to also have a lip balm that has a nice flavour to it or smells nice. I chose the Pink Punch lip balm because I've always indicated Pink as strawberry, and strawberry is my favourite kind of lip balm. So I proceeded to the check out to buy it.

I began wearing the Baby Lips lip balm for a few days but I wasn't quite satisfied with it. I was quite disappointed because I liked nearly everything about this product but the only thing that was bringing it self down was the fact that it didn't last very long, and I could feel my lips getting dryer every time.

Baby Lips Balm Pink Punch



This made me want to buy a new lip balm, and I've been stuck around the NYC make up collection recently. I know its not quite a popular brand but I find it quite reasonable priced if you are a student on a budget. I've bought lipsticks, nail polish's and now lip balms from this selection and I promise you I have not found anything bad about their products!
The other day I found the NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in the flavour Apple Blossom which I got for £2.49, I also got the NYC Applelicious Pink lip balm which I shall try soon, it was all part of a 3 for 2 deal so everything came to £4.98 at Superdrug so I thought why not!


Although it isn't as small as the Baby Lips I still think its quite an ideal size because its not overly big. The packaging however, well it was like it didn't want to come out of the seal, so that took a while to come off! 
What makes this lip balm so different is the tip of the balm has a slanted surface like a normal lipstick making it easier to apply whereas Baby Lips just has a flat surface. The NYC lip balm has a cute apple in the middle which makes the appearance of it much nicer and more appealing. And yes you can probably guess what the scent is just from reading what its called...Apples! At first it was a bit over whelming, I think this was because it was because I've never really used an apple scented product, but I've been using it a lot recently and I've grown to it, it smells lovely! The product lasts longer than Baby Lips, and I can actually feel that my lips are moisturized by this product. I'm so glad that this product has saved me from the Winter chaps so far and I'm pleased to say that I will be using this throughout the winter! 

NYC Applicious 


See you next time 
                          Jess xo
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Rachel | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig